MasterFlow 648 - Low creep, high strength, high flow, high temperature epoxy grout
How does MasterFlow 648 work?
MasterFlow 648 is a precision epoxy resin grout, consisting of 3 components – resin, hardener and specially blended inert aggregates. On mixing, the components yield a high flow, high strength grout. The grout is designed for use even in narrow gaps under baseplates and to effectively transfer all static and dynamic loads to the equipment foundation even at elevated service temperatures.
The product is ideal for situations where:
- Gaps below baseplates are narrow and / or where the baseplates are large.
- Machine baseplates can attain high temperatures in service. E.g. heavy duty compressors in petrochemical industries.
- Machines exert high vibratory / tensile loads on foundations. E.g. ball mills in the steel industry.
- The grout bed is likely to be exposed to spillage of aggressive chemicals. E.g. grout beds below machines in chemical industries.
- Machines have to be commissioned quickly. E.g. production machines taken out for maintenance
What makes MasterFlow 648 a unique solution?
MasterFlow 648 is an epoxy grout which with its low creep, high strength/flow characteristics and high temperature resistance makes it ideal for heavy engineering applications
What are the features and benefits of MasterFlow 648?
- High flow – Effective grouting of even narrow gaps and large baseplates.
- High tensile and flexural strengths – Efficient transfer of operational loads to foundation including high dynamic loads.
- High strengths even at elevated temperatures – Maintains alignment and level even with elevated baseplate temperatures.
- High bond strength – Protects machine from vibrations by effective dampening.
- High resistance to creep – Maintains alignment and level over long time.
- Good chemical resistance – Durable even when exposed to many industrial chemicals.
- High early strengths – Allows early load\ transfer and rapid commissioning of machines.
- Variable fill ratio – Flow ability can be optimized for ease of application and to maximize the cost of effectiveness.